Saturday, October 27, 2012

Chocolate Peanut Butter Granola!



...Um, yes please! I made this fabulous Cinnamon Bun Granola recipe last week (I cut the maple syrup in half and doubled the dates. I also added millet and chia seeds in my second batch!). The hubs and I , but mostly I, fell on it (meaning it lasted a measly 3 days!) I think the need to ever buy breakfast cereal again has been officially obviated! This easy-peasy recipe rocks and making your own cereal is cheaper, yummier, and healthier.

I was wondering how I could tweak the recipe for more variety and of course chocolate and peanut butter came to mind... they always do. This almost tastes like healthy cocoa pebbles... I kid you not!





Chocolate Peanut Butter Granola 

Print or share this recipe


Inspired by Cinnamon Bun Granola Recipe

  • 2 cups rolled oats
  • 1/2 cup raw walnuts or almonds, chopped
  • 1/8 cup uncooked millet or mixed seeds
  • 1/2 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
  • 3 tbsp raw cacao powder
  • 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
  • 1/2 cup Medjool dates, pitted
  • 3 tbsp natural peanut butter
  • 2 tbsp hot water
  • 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
Instructions
  • Preheat oven to 300. Line a large cookie sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
  • In a large bowl, stir together the oats, seeds, shredded coconut, and cacao (save raw nuts and add in after baking to retain nutrients).
  • Using a blender, blend the maple syrup, dates, peanut butter, water and vanilla extract until a smooth paste forms.
  • Pour the sauce into the bowl with the dry ingredients and stir until all the dry ingredients are well coated.
  • Spread granola in a single layer on baking sheet. Place in oven and bake for 25 minutes (stirring twice at 10 minute intervals).
  • Remove and let cool and harden before breaking up into clusters.
  • Store in airtight container on counter or in refrigerator.


Make this and BE AMAZED! Happy weekend! :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment