Sunday, July 8, 2012

Variations on Some Themes

I was itching for the kitchen this weekend and eagerly went about trying new recipes and having fun with familiar ones. Here are some of the highlights! In case you're wondering: all of it came out yummy! The chocolate granola bars need more tweaking, but I will let you know if I ever get them down to a science.

Sweet Potato Burgers
Dipped in wheat panko crumbs and baked to crispy yummy-ness! Zach gave 
them an 8.5! Served them up on toasted wheat pitas with dijon mustard, 
lemon juice, pepper, etc... My mouth was jubilant!




                                     
Chocolate Peanut Butter Granola Bars
I need to work on the raw cacao, peanut butter, and date paste ratio with these guys. 
I tried them warm with some organic strawberry jam on top and that 
definitely redeemed them, though!

Steamed Veggies with Sesame Ginger Sauce and Raw Cashews
This is a definite veg life staple! It is a perfectly delicious and easy meal!
I'm often bringing a bag of frozen veggies to work with me 
with some of this sauce leftover from the night before.
Oh so good!

Dr. Joel Fuhrman's Yummy Banana Oat Bars 
This time I threw in dried cranberries (instead of 
raisins), pumpkin seeds, sunflower
 seeds, and cinnamon! Mmmm!

No comments:

Post a Comment